Things I did in my math class this week:
1. Taught how the electoral college works.
2. Taught a voting rights timeline and had the kids create their own.
3. Showed a movie about the civil rights movie called "Free at Last"
4. Graphed lots and lots of voting data.
5. Colored in an electoral map with current polling data.
Monday we'll be creating a circle graph of current strong dem, strong rep, weak dem, etc.
I purposely keep my own views out of it, but I'm thrilled to see my students sporting Obama pins and putting pictures of him in their binders.
Please, please, please let it be Obama!